Winter nogojev 1.1 is great!

English discussion about Arma III and LDD Kyllikki

Moderators: Kegetys, Broileri

91-1033437355

Post by 91-1033437355 » Mon, 4.11.2002, 11.13

This island is so beautiful, WOW!

The feature list is also very impressive, it's just amazing!

All these Winter camo - units / soldiers and stuff...just great!

I noticed one little beauty-fault / bug in Grid CJ 42:

A part of the road does'nt fit in the rest of the road.

It's only a little bug...but it would be very nice if this could be fixed, too.

( perhaps it might be worth a thought to include this to your Winter Nogojev, too, dear Kegety's ;-) :

...or at least the russian Dragonfly, because Kolgujev is a Russian island and has no Airport at all...these little one-man-helos might be started / landed everywhere, and the Russian version even fits in the wintercamo-scheme of Winter Nogojev. ) :)

with friendly greetings Nekke :)
(sorry for the kasapanos double-posting, it was my fault..)
74-1036334033

Post by 74-1036334033 » Mon, 4.11.2002, 20.50

Yep the Island is very nice but I'm having trouble using the scripts could you possibly make a post of how to use them. keep up the great work my friend
McDeth

Post by McDeth » Tue, 5.11.2002, 9.37

Did you read the readme.txt file? There is a detailed description how to use both snow and northern lights skripts.
korpr McDeth Sniper, 1st Platoon, Local Defence Detachment "Kyllikki" - "Ehä mie osu mihinkää..." -
74-1036334033

Post by 74-1036334033 » Tue, 5.11.2002, 20.47

McDeth wrote:Did you read the readme.txt file? There is a detailed description how to use both snow and northern lights skripts.

I read the readme and I tried it using a trigger setting it to cover the entire map area I was using along with anybody activating it but with no joy.
I tried using it with condition

this
[7] exec "\KEGnoecain_snow\script\snow.sqs"
even not specifying a value.

Got it eventually I just changed this to true and got it going.
McDeth

Post by McDeth » Wed, 6.11.2002, 8.46

You could also add this line to the init.sqs to make it work without triggers...
korpr McDeth Sniper, 1st Platoon, Local Defence Detachment "Kyllikki" - "Ehä mie osu mihinkää..." -
74-1036334033

Post by 74-1036334033 » Thu, 7.11.2002, 2.29

Thanx for that McDeth
101-1034970341

Post by 101-1034970341 » Fri, 8.11.2002, 18.53

Yeah its great I've made a mission for it, 1-6 players, It's my first mission, but download it anyway it aint that bad. And ive put alot of effort into it
It uses Kegetys Spectate script.
Requires:

Winter Nogojev

TJP Pavehawk snow camo

U.S.S. Ashland 48 LSD

Kegetys Russian Weapons Pack

so go download it here :D test it and tell me what you think! I've worked 2 weeks on it so please download it and give me some feedback :D

Edit: and its called Escape from the cold
91-1033437355

Post by 91-1033437355 » Wed, 13.11.2002, 5.01

@ eisa01: Your Mission is really very good!

(as I can say so far, I found no one so far to play it with me, so I commanded my 5 stoopid A.I. comrades...)

The briefing is precise, there's a good 'n short story, very good notes and hey, you may change weapons with your comrades before starting...I took the PK-machinegun...)

The atmosphere is nice and it's really thrilling to search for russian elite soldiers when it's dark all around in the middle of snowland, you'll never be sure if that bush over there is really a snow-covered bush...or a russian Spetznaz in winter camo aiming at your head.. ;-) )

I killed the 2 guards at the Crossroads, then punched two full PK-magazines into the URAL while ordering my soldiers to open fire, afterwards I destroyed the BMP-1 from the south with a captured RPG-7V rocket launcher, missed the Shilka with my second shot, ordered my buddy to attack the Shilka, he hammered one into it's turret, the thing kept going, he hammered the second into the turret, the Shilka comes to a halt, 2 crewmen jump outside and get shot, ( I took a look inside the Shilka at this point, the turret was stuck and unmovable, the whole thing was really hardcore damaged, near it's end...no repair-team around, so on we go...) I order all my men to take Night Vision googles and rearm themselves, we all go back to the crossroads, a BMP-2 closes in from the east, my A.I. comrades open fire-(at this point I could perchance have killed the driver in order to get us all a Infantery fighting vehicle but no, A.I. opens fire on the russian infantery that comes alongside with the BMP-2 over the hillside, the BMP-2 is fully alarmedd, lights go out, crew jumps inside, my little company is torn to pieces...and I get an AK-74 bullet right in the head, thanks god it's all a game ;-)

...I never reached the Pavehawk nor the U.S. ship, but hey, I'll try again, makes a lot of fun, this mission!

* Could you perhaps make a Single-player version of this mission, too? (with a nice overview-picture ?) it's great fun to play !

* Please add a Flare-pistol to the weapons of the resistance captain.

And please keep on making missions!
it's really great to see addons like Winter-Nogojev honoured by such atmospheric cool missions! :-)

With friendly greetings, [GNC]Nekkekami (Special Warfare Group)

Update:

Is there any chance of gettin a Winter Nogojev 1.2 version including helicopters and planes with snow camo...Oh please dear Kegetys....make it happen! :D
101-1034970341

Post by 101-1034970341 » Wed, 13.11.2002, 15.51

Thank you for the feedback!!! i didnt know my mission was so good. beacuase of you ill make it a bit easier, make a sp version and add flarepistol!!
91-1033437355

Post by 91-1033437355 » Wed, 13.11.2002, 16.24

Wow! thanx a lot! that's very kind of you..but don't misunderstand me, I like it that way - it's fine that the mission is hard to play! :D

It's great fun to ambush the guards at the crossroads and pick their night vision googles, a few seconds later all of my guys (except the RPG-7 guy) open fire at the URAL, only 2-3 rusian soldiers get outside to be shot .... (better then killing them all in the URAL, when they jump outside you get a chance to steal better wepons...)

* Unfortunately my A.I. comrades won't board the truck, even if it's still ready to drive after the firefight....is this an OFP-bug?

( I can get in as driver and board the truck, but my A.I. comrades can't..)

....shortly after this the BMP-1 and the Shilka approach the crossroads, when you hit the BMP-1 with the RPG-7 - launcher, it is seriously damaged but won't explode, it takes 2 RPG-7 hits to destroy it, and only 1 RPG-7V...

...but if you destroy the BMP-1 with one shot then the Spetznaz in the troop compartment won't jump outside, and you will not be able to steal Satchel charges for the next ambush, so what's your choice .. ;-)

Just great fun, I'm in for the next round! ( hope I'll be able to add some of the nice screenshots I made during the mission to this post !)

With friendly greetings, Nekke

I always play the game in Veteran mode and I think it's far more thrilling to play a mission when you know you've got only one life...
Una

Post by Una » Wed, 13.11.2002, 17.04

just why should Kegetys even try to add anything to his already so perfect island??? You make your chopper addons and use them..
alik Una, 2nd Platoon, Mech recon squad, Assistant leader/AA
Local Defence Detachment Kyllikki
Keijo

Post by Keijo » Wed, 13.11.2002, 17.47

Una wrote:just why should Kegetys even try to add anything to his already so perfect island???
lol :PP
91-1033437355

Post by 91-1033437355 » Wed, 13.11.2002, 18.03

...perhaps it will be even more perfect with winter-camo-Planes & helicopters.. :;):

He has really done a great job here, no doubt, but you have to put extra addons into your addon-folder (or even make 'em by yourself..) in order to fly around Winter Nogojev in the right style ;-) and that's the reason why most missions including too many addons aren't appreciated by most players.

...that's sad in my opinion, but it is like this...I was frustrated many times because I put much time and effort to make missions including several addons, but when I was finished I never found enough people willing to download the addons for the missions...

So Winter Nogojev is really amazing, brilliantly done, but the winter-camo-Planes and helicopters would be a very fine improvement for this piece of art! :D

Got it?

With firendly greetings Nekke
Keijo

Post by Keijo » Wed, 13.11.2002, 19.00

Well, I dont know of any airforce that would paint their planes/choppers white in the winter...
91-1033437355

Post by 91-1033437355 » Wed, 13.11.2002, 20.12

Hmm...perhaps Kegetys does... ;-)

....or at least he adds a winter camo-cezna to this island, since there are no runways on Winter Nogojev, it would be a nice thing to have a reconaissance-airplane in winter camo which could take off from several places...

Update

@ eisa01: I've got through the mission, it took me 47 minutes and I achieved 9980 points, unfortunately 3 members of my squad died in the attempt...we 3 are having a nice time at the french Riviera right now, and are planning our revenge for our fallen comrades... :cool:

* It would be good if the russians at the base would sound a general alarm when they are attacked or when they leave the base to search for the source for all the explosions and assault rifle firing noise....

* I don't know if it's possible to put more units in that mission, but some more Spetznaz would be very cool...

...And it would be nice if the Fuel Truck has to be captured at one of the reinforcement-bases..(or 1 in each, player could choose..), to make the mission a bit nastier ;-)

With friendly greetings, Nekke :;):