Common addon pack - Brodie suggested me to post in here

English discussion about Arma III and LDD Kyllikki

Moderators: Kegetys, Broileri

Lolsav

Post by Lolsav » Tue, 13.5.2003, 15.24

Hello.

My nick is Lolsav, from SES (Suicide Euro Squad) and im contacting you guys with a simple objective, to find out if you are willing to participate in a common addon pack.

For the time beeing im just contacting several squads/mod makers to know if they are interested in participate in a discussion and effort to make a common addon pack to several clans.

I believe i dont need to explain the advantages of such common pack, and how huge the task might be. But hey, im willing to try if i get some support.

So far i intend to involve to start a "universal addon pack" several clans, involving, Dkm, Kyllikili, BAS, REBEL, SES (my clan), Suicide Soldiers, FGG, and to whoever wants to participate. I believe the objective is hard, but with some work we could have something BIG in here. Just think of the possibilities of it. A common pack with strict rules, such as:

1. Size defined by common agreement since the begining
2. Updates to the pack in 4-6 months (that would provide a medium time life to the pack), and the updates would have to be by common agreement too.
3. Maps on servers could only use the addon pack (so evryone could join to whatever server they want without having missing addons)
4. Addons by modules. What i mean with this is for instance Nam pack is 1 module, BAS rangers is another module, ww2 pack (looks promising) is another module... and so on. A big rule to implement here, no addons of one pack gets messed with a diffrent module, that means, no BAS rangers in WW2 missions (makes sense anyways)
5. Evryone has to be willing to cut or extend their own packs they have now.
6. Each clan would discuss what they would want internally and then nominate only one speeker to discuss the pack.
7. Once i get some positive signs of this idea from the other´s clan i will start a thread on official foruns to have a wider number of clans participating.
8. If it was possible to the naming system i hope and trully belive its possible for this

Lolsav

http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk/

or

http://lolsav.home.sapo.pt
Psykoisi

Post by Psykoisi » Tue, 13.5.2003, 16.40

LDD Kyllikki has not agreed to take part in any of this. Do not refer to us in any way when talking about your project.
Kapteeni Psykoisi - Detachment XO

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.
Lolsav

Post by Lolsav » Tue, 13.5.2003, 17.03

So far i intend to involve (...)

It says "intend" not "we have involved". Dont get me wrong pls, dont want start this with the wrong foot :down:
76-1052829181

Post by 76-1052829181 » Thu, 15.5.2003, 14.24

The discussion has started, if u are willing to participate...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....82;st=0
Keijo

Post by Keijo » Thu, 15.5.2003, 15.21

I dont think such pack would do any good for our squad (not "clan", that makes me think of CS/Quake players bunnyhopping in a CTF game yelling "OMG LOL PLZ STFU NOOB"). We have our very own addon "selection", our own server, and alot of our own missions which we mostly play. The majority of OFP squads (or whatever they call themselves) seem not to be interested in having a realistic, team-based combat (which is what OFP is best for imo.) but just play CTF, CTI and other unrealistic missions, which is why we very rarely play against other squads and also have very different interests in our games than most other squads. Thus an addon pack made "for everyone" would not work for us.

- Kegetys

Edited By admin on 1053001604
Taku

Post by Taku » Thu, 15.5.2003, 15.43

LDD Kyllikki is not interested about this "Common addon pack".

Closing.