Silberfuchs - Inv44 Joint coop 29.4.2012 kello 21.00

Yleistä keskustelua Arma III:sta, Arma II:sta ja OFP:stä

Moderators: Kegetys, Broileri

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » Wed, 25.4.2012, 16.54

Kuten otsikko kertoo niin tulevana sunnuntaina osasto Kyllikki hostaa laajemman luokan Inv44 operaation. Kyllikin vieraiksi saapuu yksiköitä ympäri maailman joten pauketta ja räiskettä riittää. Näyttää siltä, että voimme ottaa peliin mukaan muutaman ylimääräisen pelaajan lisää vahvistamaan osasto Kyllikin rivejä. Jos kiinnostaa niin tee seuraavat toimenpiteet ennen peliä:

1. Asenna vaadittavat addonit, CBA, Inv44, Inv44 patch

2. Ilmesty LDDK Mumbleen ja servulle viimeistään kello 20.45

Pelipäivänä sinut siirretään johonkin slottiin, eli sinä et valitse rooliasi. Pelin alettua servu menee lukkoon ja myöhästelijöitä ei haeta. Briefingit tosin yleensä venyvät joten kannattaa olla Kyllikin IRC kanavalla ,siellä informoidaan lisää tilanteesta
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Broileri
Personnel

Post by Broileri » Tue, 1.5.2012, 16.11

After-Action Report on Operation Silberfuchs on 29 April 2012

The mission started as planned, with CiA moving towards the western corner of Chernogorsk from northwest, while the platoons of Folk & ARPS and LDDK moved in from southwest. An LDDK recon patrol set out towards Pusta, the third main objective, in order to reconnoitre it thoroughly before the final attack.

The three platoons were soon in contact with the enemy, but were able to advance despite on-going enemy mortar fire and two Sherman tanks. Fighting over the first designated platoon objectives began. The LDDK recon patrol found and destroyed an enemy mortar position in the north.

Fer, commanding the Folk & ARPS platoon, was killed in action, and Draakon took over. Variable, the leader of CiA, was also killed, and Psykoisi, the LDDK platoon leader, burned alive inside his Panther. The casualties were extremely heavy all over, but the objectives were finally reached, and fighting in Chernogorsk calmed down.

LDDK had taken over a tent complex close to the harbour, but the American officer supposedly carrying the important documents had not been found. There was a hotel next to the tents where a number of enemy combatants had holed up and been mostly destroyed. CiA stormed the hotel lobby and the documents were found, which completed the first main objective. At this point, the few remaining men of Folk & ARPS and CiA were satisfied with the mission outcome and retired from the front. The attacking force now consisted of the LDDK platoon of three men lead by stm Scottz, the recon patrol, which had diminished to korpr Ukkapukka and Old Fox, and myself.

The recon patrol saw an opportunity to infiltrate the supply depot in Pusta, and managed to blow it up. Equipped with the remaining Panther, the LDDK platoon regrouped with the recon patrol south of Zub. Recon spotted and eliminated an enemy AT position. The target, a radio mast on top of a tower in the castle ruins, was spotted from the hill to the south. The recon patrol was compromised, managing, however, to disengage. The Panther was destroyed by bazooka at the exact spot from which it could have fired at the radio mast and possibly destroyed it. A final attempt with four remaining men was made, and the final survivor, Old Fox, destroyed the tower and the radio mast with it with a satchel charge, thus completing the final objective.

In retrospect, the assault against Chernogorsk was devastating. Without intelligence of the location of the enemy forces and the sought-after documents, it was necessary to find and destroy the garrison and attempt to take control of the town, but the assault could have been carried out more effectively. Mainly, the company could have concentrated the assault on a particular place in town instead of the whole western side, and tried to push in from that spot in tight order, attacking one city block at a time. However, without any training between the platoons of CiA, Folk & ARPS and LDDK, that would have been an effort in itself. The attack would have slowed down considerably in any case. What made matters worse was that any of the three platoons did not manage to disengage from combat when casualties piled up, which nullified the possibility for any later attempt to alter the strategy.

Information about heavy casualties did not reach high enough levels soon enough in the communication chain of the company, and the platoons may have had too independent objectives, which made it difficult for them to support each other directly. As a result, the company was extremely close to being decimated in the streets of Chernogorsk. That the mission ultimately succeeded was by chance and thanks to the skill and cool-headedness of the recon patrol operating far beyond of what was expected.

The company completed the mission assigned for it. The Fatherland is proud of the blood spilled, and the widows and mothers have been sent some flowers, a form letter, and a ribbon to be carried with honour. The survivor of the CiA-Folk-ARPS-LDDK joint force has been recommended for the Iron Cross with a monthly pension of 300 Reichsmark and farmland in the conquered territories.

Thanks to everyone involved and for Spinoza for providing the mission and organising the event.

Edited By Broileri on 1335880021
maj Broileri, CO
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Lagus

Post by Lagus » Wed, 2.5.2012, 14.56

Thanks for the great gaming on my behalf too! I think we were something around 50 at some point, perhaps somebody was observing this and has better stats.

I acted as the spotter in a sniper team, under the command of alik Karko. We proceed as planned with other LDDK teams and gave fire support when ever possible, though the low fire emplacements were not optical for sniper team. Also it seemed, that Kar98 as sniper rifle has some issues with optics, shots over 600m were almost impossible.
We climbed in eventually that very high factory tower and we continued shooting and observation from there until Karko fell from enemy infantry fire next to me. I didn't notice first that my Kamerad was fallen and I was continuing spotting enemies and providing targets for several minutes. Finally I was wondering, why he wasn't confirming my spottings anymore, and found him then lying on his face next to me, side by side with his beloved rifle. I respectfully took his rifle knowing that he will allow it and continued sniping from that tower, most likely also revenging his death.
After Chernogorsk was captured, I was ordered as a gunner into last remaining Panther under Scottz (korp Rölli as driver) and we continued to the old castle to destroy the communications tower. We approached as planned in the cover through the forest and were almost in a firing position, when our driver shouted that we're taking hits. One or two seconds later Scotzz shouted us to bail out, but it was too late and I burned in that damn metal box and that was the end of my trip in this war....verdammt nochmal.
I later heard that it was bazooka, which was hitting us. No idea, how enemy inf was able to sneak so close to us, we had our own infantry with us, just like Rommel designed in his armored warfare doctrine.

But this was really fun and hopefully something like this will happen again! I agree with Broileri, that comms about casualties should be improved, I'm guilty as well.

Cheers!